Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
20_NEW_081912CM07.JPG
Washington, CT-19 August 2012-081912CM07-   An apparatus burns off propane outside the Bryan Memorial Town Hall Sunday afternoon in Washington.  According to  Emergency Management Director Rocky Tomlinson, the incident occurred at approximately 1 a.m. as workers were cleaning up after a wedding Saturday night.  Propane then leaked into the building, and was ignited by an unknown source, causing damage to that side of the Town Hall.  Washington Volunteer Fire Department responded, as well as volunteer departments from Northville, Roxbury and Warren said Washington First Selectman, Mark E. Lyon.  The Regional Task Force Plan was initiated said Lyon.  The plan included Volunteer Fire Departments from Sharon and Cornwall who respond to the incident and provided support.   Lyon said he expects the Town Hall to be operational by Tuesday.  No injuries were reported at the scene.  Christopher Massa Republican-American